Skip to Content


Passports are obtained through the Passport Services Division of the Department of State. Through your local passport acceptance facility, usually at the Post Office, you can apply for a new passportrenew your old one, or do any of a number of things, including replacing a lost, stolen, or damaged passport, or adding new pages to your existing book. Take your court certified birth certificate, a passport application form, two passport photos, a photo ID and the applicable fees to your local passport acceptance facility. They will process your application and forward it to a passport agency. If you need emergency assistance processing a passport application, please contact my Clemmons District Office to coordinate the steps you need to take to ensure the prompt processing of your application.

Clemmons District Office

3540 Clemmons Road, Suite 125
Clemmons, NC 27012
Phone: (336) 778-0211
Fax: (336) 778-2290
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm

Passport Fees
For persons 16 years of age and over, the passport fee is $130.00, and the passport execution fee is $35.00. For those individuals 15 years of age and younger, the passport fee is $100.00, and the passport execution fee is $35.00. The passport renewal fee is $130.00.

Passports in a Hurry
Current processing time is 4-6 weeks for routine processing. For a $60.00 fee (in addition to the original passport fee)--plus the cost of 2-way overnight mail for each application--you can expedite the process and receive your passport in about 2 weeks. My office is here to help!

The New Passport Card
The Passport Card will be used only for land and sea travel between the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. It is a less expensive, smaller alternative for those who travel to these destinations. It is important to know that the Passport Card cannot be used for international air travel. Passport Cards can be applied for via the DS-11 or DS-82 forms (if eligible) and will be adjudicated to the same standards as passport books. Like passport books, the Passport Card will be valid for 10 years for adults age 16 and above, and five years for those 15 and under. For additional information regarding the Passport Card, including fees, constituents should visit the Department of State website.

Traveling Overseas
Before your trip, you should check with the country or countries you'll be visiting to determine the foreign entry requirements and whether or not you will need a visa. A visa is permission from a country to enter their country and comes in the form of a stamp in your U.S. Passport. You usually have to mail your passport to the Embassy or Consulate of the country you'll be visiting. In planning your trip, allow for plenty of time for the country you are visiting to process your visa application. Also, check the State Department website for travel warning and consular information sheets that provide very helpful information about the country you plan on visiting. The State Department services website also contains very comprehensive information on all the services it provides both stateside and abroad. This includes crisis assistance for U.S. citizens living or traveling abroad, and various travel publications available on-line.  The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has a Traveler's Health website to help you stay healthy while traveling.

American Embassies and Consulate Generals
Visit for additional information about U.S. Embassies and Consulates throughout the world.





Connect with Me

Back to top