Skip to Content

Assistance with a Federal Agency

My office is glad to help residents of the 5th Congressional District solve problems they face with federal government agencies. As a member of Congress, my office does not have the jurisdiction to get involved in issues or problems with a local or state agency. However, we will be glad to refer you to the appropriate officials. My office is also prohibited from getting involved in any legal cases or issues.

If you need assistance with a federal government agency, please send a detailed letter outlining your problem to my Clemmons office along with the Privacy Release Form (document available below). The Federal Privacy Act of 1974 protects you from the release of personal information to a third party without written permission. It is required that you sign a Privacy Release Form for my office to contact a federal agency on your behalf. In order to avoid delays, please send correspondence to my Clemmons office only. Include as much information as possible, this will expedite proceedings. Use, the U.S. government's official web portal, for easy to find official information and services from the U.S. government. 

Please contact a caseworker in my Clemmons district office to obtain help with:

  • Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
  • Immigration Matters
  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  • Medicare
  • Military Cases
  • Passports
  • Securing Military Medals for Veterans
  • Social Security Administration (SSA)
  • Veteran's Benefits
  • Any Federal Government Department or Agency

Have any questions? Before calling, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for Federal Assistance page:

Federal Assistance: FAQs

Clemmons District Office

3540 Clemmons Road, Suite 125
Clemmons, NC 27012
Phone: (336) 778-0211
Fax: (336) 778-2290
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm

Helpful Links

Directory of Federal Government Departments and Agencies
Contact the Government by Topic
Download a free Adobe Reader to open PDFs
Download the Privacy Release here

Connect with Me

Back to top